Like many things in life, things always don't go as planned. On 26 March 2014, 1 year 10 months after enrolling into Comfort Driving Centre, I finally obtained my riding licence!
Even if it took me 4 attempts and a close shave (passing mark is not to have more than 18 points.. and you guessed it: I got exactly 18 points?!) But at the end of the day, it's the end result that counts yah? Haa!
It had been a blur since I got that of the way. I remembered sharing the good news on Facebook with mixed reactions (more on that some other time). Took over my bike from buddy, spent 2.5 hours washing the bike with buddy, spent half a day one weekend at a workshop performing some fixing & replacement, picked up medicine from the hospital in downtown on the bike, got caught in a heavy downpour where I took refuge at the nearest highway exit, visited a motorcycle scrapyard to look at alternatives, etc.
And last but not least, I feel proud of myself in achieving a new milestone in riding solo to Mandai from home to the scrapyard, serviced my bike and top up petrol on my own. It's really a small matter, but for once in a long time, i felt more "involved" as compared to servicing my car.
No comments:
Post a Comment