Saturday, April 12, 2014

On Riding

It has been over two weeks that I had started riding. Have a lot of "first time". First bike wash took 2 hours, Engine stalling at a traffic junction, being caught in heavy rain and forced to take shelter at the nerest highway exit, etc

Pros of riding
- Faster pickups (Manual bike vs my sluggish old auto car)
- It is much cheaper to travel long distance (33km/l by bike vs 11km/l by car)
- Lots of free parking (no more $5++++ parking charges!)
- Ease of parking (Felt good when i got a parking spot is easy when the entrance of the carpark is full of lines and lines of waiting cars)

Cons of riding
- Not weather proof
- Comfort level varies with time of the day (I sweat a lot)
- Have to look out for danger *


* I agree that riding has higher risks than driving, But sometimes.. warnings/reminders can be kinder..

 -Incoming message: "Ride safe"

 -Outgoing reply: "Walk safe"

No comments: